1 large yam (or sweet potato), washed and peeled
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
3 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 400F.
2. Slice the yam (or sweet potato) into approx ½ inch thick lengths (otherwise known as “fry” size).
3. Combine the spices and olive oil in a large bowl.
4. Toss potato slices in the oil/spice mixture coating evenly.
5. Arrange the slices on a large baking sheet.
6. Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes until “crispy tender.” Avoid overcooking as they become too soft.