¼ cup of grated high quality crumbled goat cheese if your diet allows
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Trim the discolored bits of the fennel. Remove the fronds and set aside.
3. Cut the fennel into thin slices using a sharp knife.
4. Pour a couple of tablespoons of oil into a baking dish and add the minced garlic.
5. Put the sliced fennel into the dish and toss everything together.
6. Pour the broth over the fennel. Scatter the bits of butter on top.
7. Bake for about half an hour.
8. Garnish with the fennel fronds.
Everyone loves this dish. You can also sprinkle it with high quality Parmesan cheese or feta cheese for the last 5-10 minutes of baking, a nice flavor contrast.